Sunday, March 1, 2015
I thought I would do each weekend with a "Get To Know Me" blog entry. I want my page to be a more personal page then the blogs I read myself. I'd like to share my happiness, sadness, thoughts, ideas, humor, and everything in between. I'd REALLY like it as well from you, the reader, to share if you would like to. I will do my best to reply as I want to make friends all over the world...

I thought I'd start off with sharing some things about me. They are personal but how many people will be reading this, right?! lol So, why not share it with the few that actually read this?

I am 42 years old. I was born and raised in New Jersey. My father, who is a Norweigan and my mother, is Puerto Rican! My mother is about 15 years older than my father and my mother had me when she was 38 years old! ( I know, crazy right?)  My father wasn't in my life that much and my mother raised me alone...her and my 3 much older siblings.

All my life, I had always struggled with weight. I don't even recall ever being smaller than a size 10, ever. I know when I graduated high school I was a size 12 and weighed 167 because shortly after I graduated, I became pregnant with my first child, my son. I then had my daughter 17 months after my son was born and I never had a chance to really take any weight off. During this time, I started taking care of my skin. I always wore makeup since I was about 14 but I was usually very minimal. I never felt wonderful about my body but I always felt beautiful because of my skin and how I had a passion for makeup.

In January 2011, I started my weight loss journey. The picture above on the left is me at my heaviest. I was 260 lbs. and the picture on the right was me in February of 2012. I had lost a total of 110 lbs. The picture on the right was me at my lowest weight I can remember. Today I am about 15 lbs heavier and I am fine with that....although I wish I could still get into certain Levi Jeans....which are my FAVORITE JEANS!



The above pictures are me before my weight loss. I have naturally curly hair but I went through a phase of always straightening my thick long hair. It used to take me sometimes 2 hours to do! Wow...


This is me which my hair colored a caramel color. I called it my BEYONCE phase. I love it more than any other color or style I had. I want to be back to this color and cut again....once my hair grows back!

The pictures below are pictures of me as I started to loose weight. I started feeling better about myself and doing more things. I experimented more with makeup, fashion and my hair. I started to come out of my shell....





Below are recent pictures of me and my short hair. I love these photos because I feel so confident in myself. So much more than I ever have in my life. Yes because I lost weight, but also, because I took risks in my life with finding things that made me happy. "Beauty" makes me happy. Beautiful skin, makeup however much on a face is beauty to me. Clothes that help give confidence and empowered is what I think is beautiful. Because of all those things, I can finally feel beautiful in my own eyes.





This entry may have been a bit boring, but if at all possible, I like to get to know the people of who's stories I read. So why not do that with the people that read mine???  It makes me feel a little bit more connected. Until next weekend for another Get To Know Me entry....Hope this upcoming week is the best so far for you!! XO ~Tiara

0 comments :

Social Media

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/mscurlygirlbeauty-334282 www.facebook.com/906838172671150 https://instagram.com/ms.curlygirlbeauty/ mscurlygirlbeauty@gmail.com https://www.pinterest.com/CurlyGrlBeauty/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mscurlygirlbeauty https://twitter.com/CurlyGrlBeauty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC53yNtUtXlJw8k_fY2Ok5Q