Tuesday, March 31, 2015

So, I have been eyeing the hard candy palettes at Walmart. They are only $6.00 and this palette is all matte, which I love! I was nervous purchasing because I figured it would be chalky and I wouldn't like it. I thought if anything it wouldn't be pigmented at all. I didn't want to buy it and waste $6.00 but what if it's amazing? And it only cost me $6.00?!?! So...I just did it! I finally got it.


This is what the colors look like. I don't know the names of the colors as it doesn't say on the packaging but I can see that there is Talc in it. So without saying every ingredient, it is safe to say this isn't the 'best' made palette as far as ingredients. It does say on the back of packaging that they do not test on animals. So if you can handle not the 'best' ingredients in eye shadows, then this is still okay.


Here is my eye bare. I do have only foundation and my eyebrow filled in. There are no fillers on any of these pictures. Now the look I am going for is an everyday easy and natural look. So, lets see how this palette stands up....


I used this as my base. I applied it to my entire lid from my lash line all the way up to my eyebrow. I do this really, to cancel out any dark discoloration from my skin. And it did that nicely. It did have fall out and pigmentation wasn't the best but for the price, it was fine. I just applied a little more.


I then applied this color which is a taupe-brown in color.  I applied this all over to my mobile lid and then moved up into the crease. It had some fall out and pigmentation wasn't too great, so I just added more product and it was fine. Definitely okay for a natural look.


Lastly, I applied the darkest brown in this palette to my outer corner of my eye or outer V as some will call it. I then blended it in the crease and slightly above it for my deep set eyes. That way you can see a little of it when I look at you head on. This brown had more pigmentation so I didn't need to keep adding more product. There was fall out however and once I was done I had gotten a brush to just brush all the fall out off of my face.


Here is the finished look. You can still see some fallout on my lashes, but I brushed that away and then applied some mascara. I also added that dark brown to my bottom lash line to give it a more smokey affect. Below is the finished look.


So, as far as what this palette offers for the price, I like it. The colors look very natural though, so if you are looking for something affordable and natural, I'd suggest this. Well, if you don't mind a little fall out.

I have to add that Hard Candy is making their packaging on all their cosmetics so adorable. I like this packaging. It reminds me of leather with some studs. lol. I think its cute. Small enough to take if traveling.

I also want to note that I do not have any primer on. This is just on foundation. It may be a little better with some primer.

Please check HARD CANDY'S WEBSITE for all the other palettes they offer. They have shimmery, glittery and I believe even metallic palettes. Also, check out the packaging. Adorable!

Good luck to you and I hope this post helped find that palette you may have been looking for! Xo.

Quality                    3    STARS
Price                        5    STARS
Application             4    STARS
Feel                         4    STARS
Look                       4    STARS

0 comments :

Social Media

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/mscurlygirlbeauty-334282 www.facebook.com/906838172671150 https://instagram.com/ms.curlygirlbeauty/ mscurlygirlbeauty@gmail.com https://www.pinterest.com/CurlyGrlBeauty/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mscurlygirlbeauty https://twitter.com/CurlyGrlBeauty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC53yNtUtXlJw8k_fY2Ok5Q