Sunday, May 10, 2015

Well, hello there my pretty. I have been waiting a long time to play with this highlight/contour palette. Now, none of these pictures have any filters at all. I really wanted to because my skin is being crazy right now, but I wanted the pictures to be true so you can see. Above is what the packaging looks like. I love the packaging. It just looks bad-ass just like all her makeup. It opens and closes very easily and is thin enough to bring with you when traveling. It comes with a card of three techniques on how to apply the highlight and contour. I did all three of them in one.


I purchased this palette at Sephora and it is priced at $46.00. Sephora's write up says:
What it is:An exclusive contour palette featuring three shades for contouring and three shades for highlighting, designed to shape and define facial features to create a look of authentic dimensionality.

What it does:
An expert sketch artist, Kat Von D uses shadow and light to create depth and dimension in her captivating portraits, infusing them with lifelike authenticity. Take artistry shading into your own hands with this Shade + Light Contour Palette. Effortlessly sculpt, chisel, shape, and slenderize your features for enhanced definition. Unlike traditional bronzing powders, the Shade + Light Contour Palette is loaded with a unique selection of matte shades that capture the true hues of shadow and light. The three contour shades create realistic shadows to recede facial features, while the three highlight shades impart a soft luminosity to amplify dimension. A true artist's palette specially designed to be used with the Shade + Light Contour Brush, these silky, buildable powders blend effortlessly into the skin for a flawless, fade-proof finish that flatters every skin tone or face shape. This set is exclusively available at Sephora.

This set contains:
- 3 x 0.16 oz Shade powder in Sombre (true taupe), Shadowplay (soft brown), Subconscious (deep brown)
- 3 x 0.08 oz Light powder in Lucid (pinkish nude), Lyric (yellow beige), Levitation (soft peach)
-Step-by step guide

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates



What else you need to know:The palette includes an illustrated step-by step tutorial featuring three easy, artistic ways to define your cheekbones, slim your face, and shape your nose. The Shade + Light Contour Brush is sold separately.

Follow the included insert—illustrated by Kat herself—and master the art of contouring in three simple ways: Define cheekbones: sculpt and chisel your appearance. Slim your face: slenderize features and define the jawline. Shape your nose: taper your silhouette.

There is a Shade & Light Contour brush that costs $36.00. I did not purchase it because I have so many brushes that I love and I felt I just didn't need it.


This is me with my foundation on. No contour or highlight done in the picture above and two below. I do have eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara on as well.


I used my Sephora Pro Angled Contour Brush #75 for the contouring. I used Shadowplay  for my contouring and I used Lyric for my highlighting. I also used my Japonesque #140 brush to contour down the sides of my nose and highlight down the bridge. I also applied some blush which I used #3 Milani's Illuminating face powder. I applied my blush with Mac's #130 brush. Lastly, I did apply some lipstick to finish my look. I used Nars Never Say Never Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.



Suggested Usage:-For the perfect sculpted cheeks, apply a shade powder along the entire length of the cheekbone and blend any visible lines.
-Apply a light powder at the high point of your cheeks and blend toward the hairline.
-Tip: Use shade powders to create shadow and recede facial features; use light powders to highlight and enhance.
-To discover more ways to contour, see Kat Von D's illustrated, step-by-step guide featured in the Shade + Light Contour Palette insert.



These are the final look. Again, no filters. I do love how they blend easily. This palette is definitely user friendly.  The powders are very pigmented so you don't need to put too much on your brush. I would start light and work up to what you want. I love that the powders are matte and don't leave skin sparkly. This palette doesn't give you an orange look like some contour palettes do. Is this palette life changing? No, but it is very nice. Some palettes don't give as much product so, for the product, the price is okay. However, will I use all colors? Are they all useable with my skin tone? That is where I don't think you're getting your moneys worth. Just keep that in mind if you're thinking of purchasing.

Thanks for stopping by my friends. Hope you are having a great day. Talk with you soon! Xo

Quality                    4.5    STARS
Price                        4.0    STARS
Application             5.0    STARS
Feel                         4.5    STARS
Look                       4.5    STARS

0 comments :

Social Media

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/mscurlygirlbeauty-334282 www.facebook.com/906838172671150 https://instagram.com/ms.curlygirlbeauty/ mscurlygirlbeauty@gmail.com https://www.pinterest.com/CurlyGrlBeauty/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mscurlygirlbeauty https://twitter.com/CurlyGrlBeauty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC53yNtUtXlJw8k_fY2Ok5Q