Sunday, May 3, 2015

Are you like me, and when you see words like "Age Defying"....do you just buy it, hoping that it is THE product that's going to Rock Your World? Well...I will admit, I am like definitely like that. This is one of those products.


First, I am in LOVE with the packaging. I love how it looks like a soft ice cream when it swirls into an ice cream cone! The container is plastic but it looks so thick that it could pass for glass. The red top is easy to pop off and put back on. Simple...and I love simple.


The number one feature that I do like about the packaging, is the pump top. Any packaging that helps keep bacteria out of my foundation is a definite +!

 
 
The consistency is creamy. It is a little bit oily in my opinion. I shake it as well as I can each time and yet, I still get an oily substance with it. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I haven't had that with any other foundations. Is it a problem for my DRY skin? Not really.
 

This foundation, you do NOT need a lot. I usually just apply to the center of my face and buff it out to the outer ends of my entire face. You can see above how thick and creamy it looks. That isn't even one full pump. So, I would assume that this foundation will go a long way.


Now, here is when things get a little different. When I first apply it to my face it almost looks like it's going to accentuate my wrinkles and pores. As I use a buffing brush....that starts to go away and it starts to cover them. So, the bottle states that it is Age Defying with DNA Advantage. Which in layman's terms, covers fine lines and will smooth the appearance of pores. I will have to say it does it better than some but not all foundations....high end AND other drug store brands that may even be cheaper.


Here is what it looks like completely blended in. I would say that this foundation is medium to full coverage. It kind of calms all the lines in my hand. It didn't completely hide them, but it made it less noticeable. So I like that. What this cream foundation does the most is make my face look very hydrated. It gave it some life. If you are on a hunt to revitalize your skin, maybe this may be a choice for you to try.


The color I use is 15 which is Tender Beige. Revlon has this foundation in only 8 shades, so there may be a little difficulty for some people to find that perfect shade. Mine is pretty perfect. Revlon, on their site, states "Award-winning Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage™ Cream Makeup combines makeup and powerful anti-aging skincare to help protect skin's DNA and fight the visible signs of aging. Lines and wrinkles are visibly diminished while skin is hydrated and revitalized. It has SPF 20. 96% of women saw flawless, younger-looking skin in 2 weeks." I haven't used it on a consistent basis and in a little bit I'll tell you why.

Let's talk about the ingredients for a moment. I'm just going to list the active ingredients and not even talk about the other ingredients. So, if you want to know them all. CVS' website is really great for that. I couldn't find it on Revlon's website. Here they are: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) (3.5%), Titanium Dioxide (9.5%). Non Medicinal. Now, I know NOTHING about these ingredients but what I want to talk about is the smell. OMG....it is HORRIBLE! The reason why I can't use it all the time, is because it smells so bad. I applied it and could smell it all morning. Eventually it starts to go away, thankfully. But I even asked my husband to smell it and he nailed what the scent is. It smells like....CLAY...and maybe mixed with something else but I just can't get past the scent. 

So I only use it when it's that time of the month or I ate bad that month and I get a blemish or two or three....because it's great at covering.


Here I am wearing it all day. I put it on this morning at 8:15am and this picture was taken at 5:00pm. I have two yucky blemishes on this cheek and you can't really see them. If you look around my nose, it's not oily....it's more of what my skin looks like with a bit of glow. I do NOT have any oil on my face ever. Even if I coat my face with oil....my face sucks every ounce. I am bone dry. So I like that feature of this foundation.

Now I purchased this at CVS. It goes for around $15.29 for 1 fl. oz. It's kind of expensive in my opinion. If it didn't have the smell, I'd keep purchasing it though. Thankfully, I use coupons and rewards and got this foundation for free. Walmart may have this foundation a little cheaper, if you want to give it a try. Just watch out for the smell. :-)

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope this review is helpful. Wishing you a great day! Talk with you soon. Xo!

Quality                    3.5    STARS
Price                        3.5    STARS
Application             4.0    STARS
Feel                         4.5    STARS
Look                       4.5    STARS
Smell                      2.5    STARS

0 comments :

Social Media

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/mscurlygirlbeauty-334282 www.facebook.com/906838172671150 https://instagram.com/ms.curlygirlbeauty/ mscurlygirlbeauty@gmail.com https://www.pinterest.com/CurlyGrlBeauty/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mscurlygirlbeauty https://twitter.com/CurlyGrlBeauty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC53yNtUtXlJw8k_fY2Ok5Q