Monday, March 16, 2015

I have some serious dry skin. I think I may have borderline eczema in areas, honestly. So, I have been looking high and low for moisturizer to get rid of the flaky areas. I had hoped for a miracle product to actually change my skin from crazy dry to normal.


So, when I read that the Hydro Boost products were coming out, I put my money aside and anxiously awaited for it to come out. I would check every pharmacy near me, every day, to see when these products were out. Finally, they arrived. They were both $18.99 which made me gulp a few times, but if it did what it says it does, oh I'm all for it!! The moisturizer is 1.7 oz and the eye gel is 0.5 oz.


On Neutrogena's website it says: Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra-Dry Skin instantly quenches extra dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The unique gel-cream formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream, for even extra dry skin. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day.

Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.
  • Oil-free
  • Fragrance-free
  • Dye-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup


It starts out as gel as shown above but as you rub it into your skin it starts to feel like cream. As it's going on, it feels great! Actually cooling. I applied on my entire face and neck. Unfortunately the container isn't the best container in my opinion. I don't like to put my fingers into the jar to pull product out. I suggest using a clean spatula every time. That way bacteria wont get mixed in with the product.


It blends into the skin fairly well. It does feel a bit on the greasy side but it didn't bother me too much, because once I apply my foundation, it would get absorbed into the skin better.


As far as the moisturizer and my thoughts on it: Neutrogena claims that it will keep your face moisturized all day. It did not. By the time I came home, my patches were already flaking. So after 10 hours, it looked and felt as if I never applied moisturizer at all. I enjoyed applying it. It was refreshing and feels like it would really do its job, but it didn't. Not for someone with extra dry skin. The smell of it isn't my favorite. I'm glad it didn't smell like perfume but I'd rather it smell like nothing. I think that this product would be better for normal to dry skin. However, I don't think it works for extra dry skin.


Below is the eye cream. It feels, smells and looks EXACTLY like the moisturizer. It feels great as I apply it. I will give these products that, but my eyes do not stay moisturized. I am 42 years old, and I really need moisture in this area. I need something to help plump the skin up as well. This did not.


See how the gel to cream looks exactly like the moisturizer? I truly believe it's the same thing!


The jar states that it keeps the skin hydrated day after day. For me, that is not the case. It is great that the product is oil-free, fragrance-free, dye free and non-comedogenic. Thankfully, I believe that to be true, and didn't break out.


The eye cream is another product I would suggest someone who has normal to dry skin. I don't believe someone with extra dry skin will get the results they are looking for.


Quality                    3.5 STARS
Price                        3    STARS
Application             4    STARS
Feel                         5    STARS
Look                       3    STARS

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a good rest of the week....until we meet again! XO

3 comments :

JneenB said...

Great review!

Sven Leuter said...

Geiler Produkten, tollen geschrieben! Ich selbst bin zu Hause, vor allem in der Beauty-Welt und haben inzwischen herausgefunden, ein kühles Produkt für schützen Haut genannt Hydroface. Wenn Sie möchten, sind Sie herzlich willkommen auf den Link klicken und Sie wissen lassen!
Hydroface
Hydroface Erfahrung

Reana PK said...

Hydro Boost Fragrance-Free Gel-Cream is ideal for sensitive or dry types, as it's ultra-nourishing for delicate skin.
neutrogena hydro boost gel cream extra dry skin

Social Media

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/mscurlygirlbeauty-334282 www.facebook.com/906838172671150 https://instagram.com/ms.curlygirlbeauty/ mscurlygirlbeauty@gmail.com https://www.pinterest.com/CurlyGrlBeauty/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mscurlygirlbeauty https://twitter.com/CurlyGrlBeauty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC53yNtUtXlJw8k_fY2Ok5Q